Thursday, June 21, 2012

Generation 1: Caselta Rodriquez "Chapter 2"

I woke around the same day, but just at 7:31 PM. I began having cold feet. I was going to babysit little toddlers in less than 15 hours.

Crying children and erratic moods are not for everyone. Amateur Babysitters need to be quick on their toes to care for two little ones at once.

Once I got up from bed, I did my morning routine: bathe, use the restroom, brush my teeth, and eat some leftovers. I was grinning this evening, tomorrow was going to be my day of my new job.

But, after eating my dinner, I remembered that I didn't have any children's toys for the little ones. Making a face, I headed out the door to head to one of the stores that were still open to buy some. I didn't like spending the remaining $929 dollars I had in my pocket, but you got to give some to get some, right?

My home is now full - well, sort of - of daycare things. I filled my home with a crib in my bedroom for the little ones, just in case they were tired; a high chair near my bedroom door for little hungry toddlers; Sesame Street toys in front of the television, a baby swing near the two-seat sofa, a toy box near the TV, and the peg box near the xylophone.

This all resulted in me only having $119 dollars left in my savings. Great.

After putting everything in its place, I sat down and watched the Sports channel while I waited for morning to come.

I guess I might have slept through the remaining Sunday night on the sofa.

I squirmed all night, feeling uncomfortable sleeping on the couch. But, I was awoken when my door opened to four-star celebrity Richie Striker with his son, Sebastian Striker.

Then Morrigan Hemlock came into my house along with her daughter, Belisama Hemlock.

After I woke up from my unexpected guests, I quickly excused myself and ran into my bedroom to change into my uniform that the city of Bridgeport had gave me. Once I was finished dressing, I waved goodbye to the parents. I immediately took care of Belisama first, since she was in a sour mood. Then I fed and tickled Sebastian, he was the most calm and relaxed one.

While Belisama was playing with the toy box and Sebastian was drinking his baby bottle that his father had given me to give to him, I headed into the bathroom and then ate some breakfast. I was starving and had to use the bathroom or else I might have a "little accident" like the toddlers did in their diapers.

Just when I was about to sit besides Sebastian and teach him how to talk, his father came to pick him up. Belisama's mother wasn't far behind either.

"Belisama Hemlock is very happy at your place," Morrigan said happily.
"So is Sebastian Striker. Thanks for taking good care of our precious little peanuts, Miss Rodriquez," Richie finished.

Waving goodbye to the two little tots, I made my way to the bathroom to take a bath and do my nightly routine before bed.

The toddlers I looked after today were precious - the things I bought for them was worth it to see them giggling with smiles on their adorable chubby faces. 

As I sat in the bath, I began to think about how one day I would like to have children of my own. But, when would that ever happen? I speak very little English and I don't know any body in town other than the two woman who greeted me my first day in town, and the two parents of my little Daycare Kids...

On my first day off of work, I'm going into town to mingle with the single. Maybe I will make a friend or two. I should really start learning some English first, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment