Thursday, June 21, 2012

Generation 1: Caselta Rodriquez "Chapter 1"

 Caselta Rodriquez said her goodbyes to her family, hoping to see them again one day, but it wouldn't be in the near future. She was going to travel into Sim Nation, hoping to find a new life where she can find work and get paid decent money. Caselta wants her future children to have a better life than she did as a child, they would grow up owning every toy their little hearts desired, having a roof over their heads, and having any snack they'd like. Freedom would be nice to have in a country that was much safer than Simexico.
Caselta Rodriquez

Once I reached Bridgeport, I found a small one-bedroom home near the large body of water that ran under the city's bridge and separated it.
After settling into my new small home, I began making autumn salad to satisfy my hunger. Traveling thousands miles and swimming to your new home did make someone famished.

I ate my meal slowly; it was a known fact that if you hadn't eaten in a couple weeks, your digestive system would consider the food foreign if you ate to quickly, causing you to surely die. I didn't walk and swim all the way to Simnation from Simexico for nothing!


After washing my plate and putting away the leftovers, I decided to take a bath. I really smelled disgusting from not bathing since two nights before I headed off to Bridgeport.

When I entered the bathroom, I noticed that there were two windows that revealed itself to the outside world. I should go out and buy some curtains for my new home, I thought as I ran the bath water. But since I only had nine hundred and twenty-nine dollars in my savings, I needed to save up first.

After doing my morning routine, I grabbed the newspaper the newspaper girl left and began scanning the HELP WANTED jobs list. Nothing seem to fit for me, but I couldn't get past the first job page when I heard my doorbell ring.


I was surprise to know that two women from up the hill were there to welcome me to the new city.
Lala Angelista and Odine Perry introduced themselves. I shook both their hands and then chatted with them for a while.


"Sorry, but I'm on my way somewhere," I said. "I'm looking for a job and I need to head into town to find one. Nice to meet you both, Lala and Odine."

Once they left, I decided to walk into town, I didn't want to waste my money on a 
taxi when I could just walk.


Once I reached the city's library, I headed right towards one of the computers that had free internet access. I logged in as a Guest User and headed to Bridgeport's Jobs List. It took about a couple minutes until I saw a profession as an Amateur Babysitter (which sounds good to me since I've been babysitting since I was a little girl). I took the job offer and quickly typed my resume.


Name: Caselta Rodriquez
Race: Hispanic
Age: 19
Why should we hire you?: I have babysat before for the parents in my neighborhood. I adore children, I plan on having some myself, I'm nurturing, and family-oriented. But, I guess you heard it all before... But I promise you, if you hire me, I would never let you down. I would treat those kids as my own, I will keep them entertained and happy to be with me. Please give me a chance and I'll show you that I am right for this profession.
CONTACT
Mobile Number: 333-123-4567
Home Number: 333-891-0112
Email: caseltarodriquez2012@simsmail.com
Address: 16 Dean Road, Bridgeport, Sim Nation

Thanks for answering our job offer, have a wonderful day!
If you have any questions call:
333-DAY-CARE
or email us at:
bridgeportdaycare@sims3profession.com


After entering my resume (which I had to translate into English since I barely knew the language), I was about to log off when I got a response.
I was hired!
I couldn't believe it! I came to this nation with barely any clothes or money and now I had a job!
I was to start in less than 18 hours. I would work from Mondays to Thursdays from 9 AM-7 PM. I get paid $100 per week. Well, that's more than I made in Simexico, so that's good.

I decided to head to bed after arriving home from the library; I wanted to get some rest before tomorrow came since I would be taking care of a stranger's child in the city.

Goodnight, Simexico. Good morning, Bridgeport!

No comments:

Post a Comment